
What a place !! Cumberland Island is such a place to see... But you had better plan a head. Our trip started 6 months in advance to book a holiday weekend. We picked to go in January which is a tricky time to head out on the water and paddle. You never know what your going to run into with mother nature. The only advance planning I really did was to get the camping permits on Cumberland, the rest I did as a last minute dash. I reserved 6 spots at a place called Sea Camp for two nights. Our plan was to kayak out to the island and enjoy some exploring and some additional paddling once we were there. I had read another Blog about the trip so I figured the info provided sounded like it would be a 2-3 hours paddle out to the island. So the night before the trip I started the real scramble to secure the last minute items. Like a place to camp Friday night, and the boat rentals and how we were going to get down there and back. O man I would not suggest waiting to make these arrangements. So the over all plan was to put in at Crooked River State Park and Paddle out to Cumber Island Sea Camp and spend two nights. Then paddle back. Simple enough. MORE TO COME>>>>
No comments:
Post a Comment