
After airing down to 25 psi , we begin the journey up the rocky trail. It wasn’t long before we came to area where most people turn back. It was a badly roughed section where 4x4 was required equipment. Good thing we all came prepared .. I shifted in to 4 wheel low which locks the center diff. and the light on the dash signaled that everything was working great. Thank goodness because I was watching the stock 60 bang its way up the first real test. I was surprised at how it pulled and snaked its way long. Then I thought of course it’s a Land Cruiser. Well when it came to my turn to head up the section, when your headed up and over something it is important to have someone else give you directions over the radio. I could not see over the front of my truck to see where I needed to place my front wheels so someone was there to point left - right – straight , and up and over I went. There is nothing like trying to watch a Land Cruiser in front of you and then in your rear view mirror trying to watch one behind you. I may cool things to watch. After making it through the trail winds it way ever higher in to the mountains so time narrowing enough to scrub brush along side the truck. This is that good old pin stripping that everyone talks about getting. I did bang my trailer hitch a couple of times but I guess that is what it is there for. The scenery is amazing ! The leaves are tumbling down the trees and covering the trail ever so slightly. vivid reds and yellows and a touch of brown. Dot the land scape. I am truly in Land Cruiser heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment